Friday, May 22, 2009

Gettin' Dirty

Well I have been working on making an EDM car out of an old RC10T2 to get doing some dirt oval racing in the name of sharpening my skills and I just finished trimming up and painting a body. BSR foams and lowering it just a bit are also done I just need to get a 10.5 motor to run and go get sideways. I am a pretty big mx fan so I decided to do a Rockstar Makita theme to the paint. It came out alright, I am still having an issue with the paint wanting to stick to McAllister bodies (the paint tries to peel up with the paintmask as you remove it) and I am cleaning the body first and have tried removing the mask when the paint is dry and wet. The masking is high quality stuff (3M) that I cut on a plotter and apply, I don't know what is up as I never have this problem with HPI bodies or some of the others. If anyone has any tips drop me a line.


No comments:

Post a Comment